Thursday, June 03, 2010

Basic news

So I haven't been around lately.. apologies for that but life got in the way.

Since I've been offline, Apple have released the Ipad, honestly its a overblown Ipod Touch, nothing more..


I thought I could concentrate this update on the GTA Series, mainly because I recently decided to see how quickly I could complete the latest full story (GTA4). Turns out the guide time in one of the achievements for Xbox 360 is slightly out.. missing out the side missions and cutscenes you can complete the entire story mission section all 90 or so mission in just under 21 and a half hours, provided you are thorough and don't waste time.

I also have done the two expansion packs for GTA4, (The Ballad Of Gay Tony *TBOGT, and The Lost and Damned *TLaD. Both games were great in graphics, sounds and continuity of characters against the original storyline, however two or three characters changed voices from the original.

Niko's voice changed in the TBOGT game
Brucies in TBOGT and finally Ray Buccino in TLaD.
I'm sure the voice actors were the same but the accents were very vague.

Overall the Base game (GTA4) is very good in storyline, continuity and also in the content it provides, the expansion packs are also very good at the same points, however they do lack a sense of timeline in the fact that the missions and storyline don't really hold themselves together. This is more obvious in the The Lost and Damned.

Personally I find the games very good and I look forward to seeing the fifth GTA game being released, sadly no news of that as yet but looking forwards we hope something good will happen.

Anyway, I've rambled on too long for some of you.
All the best,
Dan.

No comments: