Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My thoughts on Pokemon Black 2 and White 2



Ok, So now I've officially completed the game I can look back and expound my thoughts without issue.


!! * WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW * !!



Having played the game I found it somewhat mismatched to its predecessors, I mean the plot didn't seem to feature the enemy team (Team Plasma) as much is it did before. I counted only 3 different events in which they appeared (en mass that is).

At times it felt a good wholesome game complete with some intricate puzzles and logical choices but in other times it just doesn't make sense.

I mean Victory Road is now in disrepair, yet no trainer I encountered mentions anything of the sort, the inclusion of the legendaries (Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem) all seem a little lite for my taste, perhaps a little back-story for those who haven't played the original version?

Some of the music doesn't fit the game, for example there is a decidedly Jamaican themed segment of music playing in one of the towns but it just doesn't make any sense for it to be there.
Having said that, it is really well done with the Gym Leader music, especially the final battle theme. A very nice remix.

Moving onwards, you also have the reappearance of Trainer N, who has reconciled his issues from the previous game. However I don't feel he has been used to his fullest extent, it just seemed as if he was dropped into the story as a filler and a way of catching a previous legendary (how else would Reshiram or Zekrom be available for capture since this game is set two years after the originals and both were initially caught by yourself and N)

My final gripe is that after the Elite Four you can venture towards Nuvema town (your original starting town in the previous game) to visit Prof. Juniper. However you encounter a pre-schooler who has a level 60-70 pokemon. How in the heck could he manage this? he's far too young to take on the Gym's required to gain the badges!



Overall yes its a good game, one or two glitches here or there to be taken care of, plus some minor plot inconsistencies, but yes I do like it. My only thoughts now are how are Game Freak and Nintendo going to expand the series further, they seem to be fast running out of Colour names to use as well as the 'Dex hasn't increased since Black and White (V1). Hopefully this wasn't the swansong of the series and we can look forward to a better edition next time.

If we are going to say goodbye to the series, lets go in style a nice round 700 Poke's and a decent plot to end all plots (new region would be nice also, perhaps a revisit to Sinnoh or Hoenn?


Until the next time.

No comments: