Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Microsofts Alternative Browser Screen!

So, Microsoft sent out a optional update containing the alternative browsers screen (For those not in the know, a screen that allows you to download and install a different web browser, this was forced upon MS due to its sheer monopoly of the Web Browser market with its often Infamous Internet Explorer (IE) browser.)

So anyway I downloaded the upload which was miniscule (Not even 200kb (Kilobytes)), I then proceeded to let it install, after it verified it installed sucessfully I restarted my computer, however, From information I resourced from various news articles and RSS articles I was led to believe a Screen would pop on my desktop. A screen that is not too dissimilar from this
http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/posts/pallab/browser_ballot.jpg
(Credit to Techie Buzz for the image)

After several restarts at various points over 2-3 days, the screen still hasn't made any introduction to me, personally I am not that worried since my machine runs Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer - Perhaps that is why i cannot see the Alternative browser screen.

So all in all, its not too great a compromise for Microsoft considering my machine doesn't seem to show the screen.

I will keep you posted if it does make any appearance to me.

Stay Safe
Dan. 

No comments: