Saturday, March 27, 2010

Windows 7 and a couple other things

Well, I will first start off by apologising for not being around for a while as I have been somewhat busy, however I am back now and aim to make this a weekly update, with the exception of security issues pertaining to technology or serious updates that you should install on your system.

Anyways, to the main point, I have recently purchased online a DVD-ROM of Windows 7 and whilst it is winging its way to me via Mail, I wait with a great anticipation as to the benefits of this, since I'm currently using a Windows Vista OS (Yes shocking I know).

I have been reading through my fair share of reviews and seem to have noticed a unanimous lean towards people liking it for its quicker search, boot-up/shutdown times and also that it simply doesn't bloat itself to the point of swallowing all your RAM, however having said that, I know they say 1GB is a requirement, in all seriousness 2GB is well worth it since you have got that little bit extra that allows you to do that little bit more.

I guess once the disc arrives its a case of seeing if Microsoft have pulled out the stops and actually listened to the consumers, but thats left to be known later.

Also as a footnote, I STILL haven't seen any browser suggestion screen as sent out by Microsoft, even though I have been through at least 15 or so updates.

However thats all for now,
Check back for more soon,
Dan.

No comments: